Build with the best by using a contractor whose B-BBEE compliance goes beyond the scorecard. Scheltema, Cape Town’s leading roofing, ceiling and partitioning contractor, annually invests in building its people.
Pathways for Professional and Personal Growth
Scheltema empowers its workforce by investing in learning opportunities in the following areas:
- Artisanal Skills;
- Health and Safety;
- Project Management;
- Legal and Contractual Issues;
- Personal Development; and
- Computer Literacy.
The company also provides bursaries, learnerships and internships. Plus, in certain instances,employees are paired with mentors who over time impart their experience.
Advantages for All
Scheltema’s commitment to the development of its staff results in:
- Individuals who are equipped with recognised training;
- Improved motivation of new and incumbent employees;
- Enhanced skill levels across the company; and
- Scheltema’s consistent delivery of top class workmanship.
Investment in Action
During 2016, Scheltema spent R 295 709 on training for 11 employees in a multitude of courses at various institutions around the Western Cape, including:
- Damelin College South Africa, where one staff member is studying Human Resources (part of a three year commitment) and another acquired a certificate in Microsoft Office;
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology, where two individuals obtained diplomas in Quantity Surveying and Project Management respectively;
- Master Builders Association of the Western Cape, where two workers completed a foreman’s course;
- Siyaya Skills Institute, where two personnel participated in learnerships; and
- Tjeka Training Matters, where one employee attained a certificate in Building and Civil Construction.
“Our employees are our biggest asset. By helping them to improve themselves, it benefits not only the business, but ultimately our clients” – Scheltema Financial Director, Dawn Clarke.