Commercial and Industrial services span the supply, installation, repair, and replacement of all types of roofing and cladding systems, as well as all ceiling and partitioning systems available nationally. Affiliated and project management services include guttering, waterproofing, painting, general maintenance, insulation, asbestos removal, and the specialised treatment of timber beams, rafters and trusses. Large scale asbestos removal and roof replacement projects, and turnkey office refurbishment projects form part of Scheltema’s specialised offering.
Scheltema’s reputation for producing top quality work on time and in budget has enabled the company to repeatedly win tenders and procure high profile projects within the Ceilings and Partitioning sector.
- The company specialises in the supply and installation of all Ceiling and Partitioning (C&P) systems available nationally.
- Scheltema is also able to source and utilize a diverse range of products from abroad to meet their client’s requirements and specifications.
- Scheltema offers specialist product knowledge to customers in the early stages of the design and planning process, given its long track record within this very specialised field.
- Additionally Scheltema can offer key insights around insulation, acoustic properties, green products, fire rating etc.
Prestigious ceiling and partitioning contracts undertaken include, Cape Town International Airport, The Forensic Science building in Plattekloof, The Taj Hotel, CTICC, V&A Waterfront, various lecture venues at Stellenbosch University, the 15 on Orange Hotel, Old Mutual Head Office in Pinelands, Century City and the Bayside Shopping Centre. Additionally, Scheltema has facilitated major revamps and extensions for retail clients such as Pick ‘n Pay, Shoprite, Woolworths, Food Lovers Market and Checkers, where work has been completed without any disruption to trading whatsoever.
Refurbishments / Replacements
Scheltema is fully equipped to participate in major refurbishments to office space. In some instances the company is called on by its customers to help with smaller scale re-configurations to commercial spaces, retail and warehouse facilities and residential homes. Below describes the typical set of services:
- Inspect site or quote from drawings
- Strip and remove old ceilings
- Remodel existing ceilings by providing new openings
- Provide additional bulkheads for aesthetic purposes or to conceal new services
- Install new fire rated ceilings to comply with latest legislation
- Supply and install insulation to existing and new work to comply with legislation
- Painting, if required
Recently completed projects include the Port Wild Head Office, Stellenbosch; Groote Schuur Hospital; the Heart 104.9 FM studios in Green Point; the Polymer Building, Stellenbosch University; Lecture Rooms at the Tygerberg Campus; and the Tygerberg Hospital Emergency Unit.