Commercial and Industrial services span the supply, installation, repair, and replacement of all types of roofing and cladding systems, as well as all ceiling and partitioning systems available nationally. Affiliated and project management services include guttering, waterproofing, painting, general maintenance, insulation, asbestos removal, and the specialised treatment of timber beams, rafters and trusses. Large scale asbestos removal and roof replacement projects, and turnkey office refurbishment projects form part of Scheltema’s specialised offering.
Partitioning systems either demarcate space within open plan environments or provide individual offices within commercial spaces. These walling systems can be lightweight and demountable, or fixed, depending on the requirement.
- Applications typically include dry wall partitioning with doors, viewing panels, skirtings and associated trims.
- Fire rated partitions with standard systems can achieve 30 to 120 minute fire barrier ratings.
- The soundproofing of the walls with standard systems can achieve a Rw dB of up to 81dB.
- Partitions can be installed with aluminium or pre-painted wood or hardwood moldings, skirtings and doors.
- Projects typically include office blocks, shopping centers, sound studios, hospitals, service buildings, and conference venues.
Projects recently undertaken include the Fruit & Veg Head Office in Brackengate; Sandown Shopping Centre in Sandown; the BAT Distribution Centre in Brackengate; the Paarl Provincial Hospital; Klapmuts Primary School; and US Process Engineering, Stellenbosch.
Refurbishments / Replacements
In addition to new builds, Scheltema is fully equipped to participate in major refurbishments to office space. In some instances the company is called upon by its customers to help with smaller scale re-configurations to commercial spaces, retail and warehouse facilities and residential homes. Services include:
- Site inspection / quote from drawings.
- Remodeling of existing partitions/cut openings/remove partitions/ add doors or windows.
- Installation of new drywall partitioning complete with doors, windows, skirtings, insulation etc.
- Repositioning (if required) of light fittings to suit new layout.
- Painting, if required.
Recently completed projects include the Port Wild Head Office, Stellenbosch; Groote Schuur Hospital; the Heart 104.9 FM studios in Green Point; the Polymer Building, Stellenbosch University; Lecture Rooms at the Tygerberg Campus; and the Tygerberg Hospital Emergency Unit.
For information on the company’s expertise with respect to project management of turnkey refurbishments where Scheltema project manages all trades with respect to office refurbishments, refer to the specialised section.