Commercial and Industrial services span the supply, installation, repair, and replacement of all types of roofing and cladding systems, as well as all ceiling and partitioning systems available nationally. Affiliated and project management services include guttering, waterproofing, painting, general maintenance, insulation, asbestos removal, and the specialised treatment of timber beams, rafters and trusses. Large scale asbestos removal and roof replacement projects, and turnkey office refurbishment projects form part of Scheltema’s specialised offering.
The Industrial Roofing Department specialises in the supply and installation of all types of steel, aluminium and fibre cement roofing and cladding systems.
- New builds typically apply to warehouses, manufacturing facilities, retail centres and schools.
- A number of roofing profiles are used such as Kliplok, Saflok, Novitexi and Diamondek.
- Affiliated roofing services such as guttering, waterproofing, painting, general maintenance, and insulation are also offered.
- Scheltema is an accredited and certified Asbestos removal specialist.
- Eco-roofing that includes rain water harvesting and solar installations are offered upon request.
Significant contracts in recent years include New Distribution Centers for Shoprite, Pick n Pay, Spar, Ellerines and the JD Group. Scheltema has also been involved with roof covering at N1 City Mall, Vangate Mall, West Coast Mall, Blue Route Mall, and Liberty Promenade. Major installations within the automotive sector in the Eastern Cape have also been undertaken with success in recent years.[/threecol_two]
Roofs are typically replaced when they have deteriorated from age or have become a health hazard, as in the case of asbestos. Enquiries are attended to promptly and a full roof assessment is undertaken by a trained and experienced project manager.
- Asbestos services typically include:
- The stripping of asbestos sheets without loss of production to the occupants
- Refurbishment and repainting of structural steelwork
- Replacement of roof sheets with either Colourbond or fibre cement
- Supply and installation of environmentally friendly insulation
- Installation or repair of natural timber frames, beams and ceilings, exposed rafters and trusses
- Projects span a wide spectrum of application, from industrial and commercial buildings to heritage buildings, schools and hospitals
Recent high profile projects include upgrades at Cape Town International Airport and the roof refurbishment at the existing Shoprite Distribution Centre in Brackenfell, re-roofing projects at the Bravo Factory in Epping, Groote Schuur Hospital, Blue Route Mall, and the Mercedes Benz plant in East London.