As a leading provider of roofing, ceilings and partitioning throughout Southern Africa since 1931, Scheltema represents a brand you can trust when it comes to residential new builds, renovations, replacements, and repairs. Scheltema’s capacity to install the full spectrum of available technologies and specifications goes towards ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction at each and every installation. If it is material only that you are after then look no further than ROOF-KIT, a division of Scheltema & Co. Asbestos removal, specialist roof construction and heritage work all form part of Scheltema’s specialized offering.
The Residential Ceilings department specialises in the supply and installation of skimmed and un-skimmed ceilings to the residential market, from low cost housing to upmarket homes, developments, schools, and bespoke projects. Much of the work in this area is small- scale or of a minor works nature, either for builders or landowners directly.
Looking for a guaranteed installation, contact Scheltema, alternatively contact ROOF-KIT for the supply of a Roof package delivered to your site
- The company installs once-off installations for builders or developers, or large scale installations of multiple units.
- Scheltema’s experience and skilled labour force means that the company is able to deliver on a wide variety of installation specifications.
- Applications typically include Rhinoboard, Nutec, Isoboard, Lamdaboard (tongue and groove timber ceiling); suspended skimmed ceilings on approved grid systems; skimmed Rhinoboard bulkheads; recesses and drapery pockets; cornices (fibrous moulded, polystyrene, or timber moulded) and decorative ceiling mouldings.
Examples of completed projects would include a diverse mix as follows: Cape Town City Council rental units at Uitsig, Scotsdene and Hanover Park; Imizamo Yethu School in Hout Bay, schools in Melkbosstrand, Atlantis, Parklands and Delft; Evergreen Lifestyle Village in Bergvliet, Steenberg Housing, and upmarket homes in Franschoek, Stellenbosch, Camps Bay and Constantia.
Refurbishments / Replacements
- Services include the insulation of ceilings to meet energy efficiency requirements as per amended building regulations.
- Additionally, Scheltema can attend to the stripping and replacement of damaged ceilings in conjunction with the insurance sector.
- Scheltema also specialises in once-off / minor projects where upgrading has been specified such as garages, bathrooms etc.
Examples of such projects include upgrades to the Gateway Shopping Centre in Table View, C P O A Constantia, Tokai Peoples Church, and numerous minor projects for the private sector.