As a leading provider of roofing, ceilings and partitioning throughout Southern Africa since 1931, Scheltema represents a brand you can trust when it comes to residential new builds, renovations, replacements, and repairs. Scheltema’s capacity to install the full spectrum of available technologies and specifications goes towards ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction at each and every installation. If it is material only that you are after then look no further than ROOF-KIT, a division of Scheltema & Co..Asbestos removal, specialist roof construction and heritage work all form part of Scheltema’s specialized offering.
Testament to the legacy upon which Scheltema was built, the company is proud of its extensive residential roofing capabilities which span new builds, re-roofing projects, and specialised installations. Much of the work in this area is small- scale or of a minor works nature, either for builders or landowners directly.
Looking for a guaranteed installation, contact Scheltema, alternatively contact ROOF-KIT for the supply of a Roof package delivered to your site
- The Residential Roofing Department specialises in the supply, installation and waterproofing of various metal, cement, clay, ‘’Harvey’’, and slate tile roofing systems.
- Projects typically include a mix of free-standing homes, housing developments, retirement villages and hotels.
- Affiliated and specialised roofing services such as specialist roof construction, heritage work, asbestos removal, insulation, waterproofing, painting and general maintenance are also offered (see specialised section)
- All products used are SABS approved and environmentally sustainable.
- Eco-roofing that incorporates rain water harvesting and solar installations is available on request.
Significant contracts in the Western Cape include the City Hall Archive Building, Dolphin Beach Hotel, and the Century City Complex.
- Scheltema specialises in the renewal of existing roofs for builders and/or private homeowners.
- This work entails either roof cover replacement, or a more comprehensive replacement that also requires timber frame re-enforcement and/or replacement.
- Scheltema has both the experience and expertise to remove existing roof coverings during inclement weather, while buildings remain occupied at minimal disruption to the home owner. This has been done on a large scale in recent years at Groote Schuur Hospital and UCT during extensive refurbishments of these heritage sites.
- The company offers homeowners an assessment together with a report and quotation if required. Expert advice such as the type of new roof coverage required and the capacity of the existing roof structure to accommodate various coverings is available.
- Scheltema is a certified asbestos removal contractor and therefore qualified to remove and correctly dispose of asbestos slate and Big Six Profile roof-sheets.
- All products used are both SABS approved and environmentally sustainable.
- Eco-roofing incorporating rainwater harvesting and solar installations is available upon request.
Much of the work in this area is small scale or of a minor works nature, either for builders or landowners directly. More significant contracts would include the upgrade and refurbishment of council facilities at Uitsig, Scottsdene and Hanover Park for the City of Cape Town; major re-roofing projects for both UCT and Groote Schuur Hospital, amongst others.