Scheltema has developed capabilities beyond its core of roofing, ceilings and partitioning which serve to further enhance its positioning within the marketplace. These include projects aligned to national infrastructure roll-out, projects implemented nationally and beyond South Africa’s borders, and long term projects that require significant project management capability. In addition, the company has earned a strong reputation in the fields of timber frame construction, asbestos removal, specialist roof construction, heritage projects and turnkey office refurbishments.
- The Roofing of Newlands Rugby and Cricket Grounds (with vast underslung sections).
- Roofing and C&P installations at Canal Walk, V&A, Blue Route, Tyger Valley and Cavendish Square shopping centres.
- Roofing and cladding of Hillside III (Aluminium manufacturing plant) in Richards bay.
- The sprung roof of the Bellville Veldrome (consisting of continuous sheets of 50m plus).
- All external cladding to the new Green Point Stadium.
- Pre-World Cup upgrade of the Cape Town International Airport consisting of 50 000m2 of Roofing and 40 000m2 C&P.
- Roofing and C&P installations at the Cape Town International Convention Centre.
- Multiple projects within the automotive industry including Benteleur, Faurucia and Grupo in the Eastern Cape.
- Blue Route shopping centre upgrade where roofing includes the installation of 70m long negatively curved sheets.
- Large-scale extensions to MBSA (Mercedes) production plant in East London.
Large Scale International projects include:
- C&P installations to the State Bank in Mauritius,
- Shule Tel Avis Israel,
- Power Station in Gabon,
- Mozal 1 and Mozal II in Mozambique (Aluminium manufacturing plant).