Scheltema has developed capabilities beyond its core of roofing, ceilings and partitioning which serve to further enhance its positioning within the marketplace. These include projects aligned to national infrastructure roll-out, projects implemented nationally and beyond South Africa’s borders, and long term projects that require significant project management capability. In addition, the company has earned a strong reputation in the fields of timber frame construction, asbestos removal, specialist roof construction, heritage projects and turnkey office refurbishments.
Scheltema prides itself on its capacity to successfully deliver on demanding large scale projects, locally, nationally, and abroad. In recent years Scheltema has handled an interesting selection of technically demanding South African projects including:
- The Roofing of Newlands Rugby and Cricket Grounds (with vast underslung sections).
- Roofing and C&P installations at Canal Walk, V&A, Blue Route, Tyger Valley and Cavendish Square shopping centres.
- Roofing and cladding of Hillside III (Aluminium manufacturing plant) in Richards bay.
- The sprung roof of the Bellville Veldrome (consisting of continuous sheets of 50m plus).
- All external cladding to the new Green Point Stadium.
- Pre-World Cup upgrade of the Cape Town International Airport consisting of 50 000m2 of Roofing and 40 000m2 C&P.
- Roofing and C&P installations at the Cape Town International Convention Centre.
- Multiple projects within the automotive industry including Benteleur, Faurucia and Grupo in the Eastern Cape.
- Blue Route shopping centre upgrade where roofing includes the installation of 70m long negatively curved sheets.
- Large-scale extensions to MBSA (Mercedes) production plant in East London.
Large Scale International projects include:
- C&P installations to the State Bank in Mauritius,
- Shule Tel Avis Israel,
- Power Station in Gabon,
- Mozal 1 and Mozal II in Mozambique (Aluminium manufacturing plant).