Scheltema is looking for highly competent, self-motivated individuals to join their growing team in the positions described below.
References demonstrating a track record with reputable building companies are a requirement for the Project Management and Quantity Surveying roles.
Past experience in the sub-contracting field is an advantage.
The company offers attractive remuneration packages.
Scheltema provides opportunity for growth and career development.
Recruiting at Scheltema is undertaken according to the company’s Employment Equity strategy.
General Maintenance Manager
Who we are
For over ninety years, Scheltema has been a leading provider of roofing, ceilings and partitioning throughout Southern Africa. Much of the success of the company can be attributed to our team’s passion for building, pride in their work, and commitment towards building strong relationships in the marketplace. Many of our relationships span generations.
Over the past decades we have developed our premises with a secure office space, mechanical workshop, spray booth, and various storage areas to serve our business’s various departments. This plays an integral part in our ability to stock materials and maintains our fleet of vehicles.
For more information about us see https://www.scheltema.co.za/about/who-we-are/
What we are looking for
We are looking to recruit someone to manage the following functions:
- Fleet maintenance
You will be required to manage the running and maintenance of our fleet of about 20 vehicles. This involves ensuring that the company is not subjected to downtime due to unplanned vehicle maintenance issues.
- Maintenance and Security of premises.
You will be required to ensure that all maintenance issues on the premises are speedily identified and dealt with. You will also be required to ensure that the security system on the premises works smoothly and reliably. Security of our premises involves typical security systems and the use of night-watchmen / guards.
- Management of operational staff
You will be required to manage a small hands-on team, which includes general labour, a mechanic and a spray painter. You will also be required to liaise with any outside service provider in connection with the above two areas or responsibility.
Minimum requirements for the job are
- a demonstrable track record of managing a operational staff
- experience in vehicle mechanics and maintenance
- experience of general building and maintenance
- Skill with Excel, e-mail and general computer use.
We are aware that many people have these skills. What is not so common is the passion for taking ownership of these responsibilities and a genuine care for the people involved in our system –this is crucial to our business and is a key part of what we are looking for. Unless you have this , there is little point in applying.
What we are offering
- You will earn R30 000/month cost to company.
- This will include contributions towards medical aid, if any, and pension. Membership of a medical aid is optional. Pension is flexible in that contributions by yourself and company are negotiable. You will be entitled to 20 working days’ leave per annum. 15 of these will be part of the builders’ holidays over Dec-Jan, and 5 will be taken as you wish and agree with your manager.
- You will receive a cell phone allowance of R350/month.
If the thought of this job excites you, please send your CV to email@example.com